These are delicious, and easy to bake in literally under 15 minutes easy peasy scones recipe. Give them a try. The ingredients are enough to make 6 – 8 scones.
Ingredients Easy Peasy Scones Recipe
- 200 g plain white flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50g butter
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tbsp milk for brushing the scones pre-baking
- Some plain flour (for dusting)
Method of Easy Peasy Scones Recipe
- Dust a large baking tray with plain flour and pre-heat the oven, 220˚C, Fan 200˚C, 425˚F, Gas 7
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Then add the sugar and blend thoroughly.
- Add the butter to the bowl. Using a fork, blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour most of the milk into the bowl and stir to form a soft slightly sticky dough. If this does not happen easily add the remaining milk.
- Gather together the dough to form a soft, slightly sticky, mass.
- Dust the worktop lightly with flour, place the dough in the middle and lightly dust the top with flour.
- Flatten the dough with your hands to 3cm/1¼” thick. This is to be done gently.
- Press a round pastry cutter or upturned coffee cup into the dough to cut out circles.
- Gather the off-cuts into a ball of dough, gently flatten and cut out further circles.
- Brush the top of the scones with the tablespoon of milk.
- Carefully put the dough circles onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before eating.
…and there you have it. A little butter and jam or cream and jam with a cup of tea – delicious!
Do you love Bangers and Mash ?