Hey, if you are a food lover and want to eat some delicious food. Then This lamb hotpot recipe is an all-time family favourite. Best lamb hotpot recipe for you.
A nice and easy meal – if you can get the lamb, that is…
Lamb Hotpot Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 pack cubed frozen lamb defrosted
- 1 ltr (1 ½ pint) of stock or made with a stock cube 15 g rosemary, removed from the stalk and finely chopped
- 500 g potatoes, i.e., Maris Piper, peeled, left whole, parboiled, refreshed in cold water, then finely sliced 2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon of flour
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3, 325ºF (170ºC).
Would you like my free book of recipes? Click here to access Cooking on a Budget
Lamb Hotpot Recipe Method:
In a heavy-based frying pan put the 2 tablespoons of oil and brown the lamb on all sides. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in an ovenproof casserole dish that has a tight-fitting lid. Sprinkle over the sliced onion and garlic and the chopped rosemary.
In the frying pan that you browned the meat in, sprinkle in the flour and stir into the oil and fat from the meat over low heat. Add the stock, scraping up the meat residue from the bottom of the pan. Increase the heat and bring the gravy to the boil until it thickens. Pour this gravy over the lamb and onion in the ovenproof dish. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the meat and gravy with the slices of potato overlapping them (like tiles on a roof) and then brush them with a little melted butter and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook near the top of the oven for 1½ hours, then remove the lid and cook for a further 50 minutes. If the potatoes aren‛t looking brown enough after this time you can brush them again with some more melted butter. Place under a hot grill for a few minutes until golden brown before serving.